Pressure Cooker Grandma Mills' Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
Author: Lottie Bell Donnell Mills and Jan Borden Freeman
* ½ cup/113g Butter room temperature
* 1 cup/200g Sugar
* 2 large Eggs room temperature
* 3 medium Bananas mashed
* 2 cups/250g All Purpose Flour properly measured with scale
* 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
* ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
Optional Add Ins
* 4 oz Chocolate Chips
* 1 cup Walnuts (or other nuts)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and eggs (I use my KitchenAid mixer).
2. Beat at high speed until light and creamy, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, so that all sugar is mixed into the butter and eggs.
3. Add the mashed bananas and mix to combine.
4. Add all dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
5. Fold in additions, if using.
1. Grease a 6 cup Bundt Pan
2. Pour in batter and smooth it out so batter is level.
3. Add 1.5 cups of water into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
4. Place cake pan on Trivet. Place a piece of paper towel over the pan and then a piece of foil to lightly cover the pan.
5. Lower Trivet into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
6. Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
7. Cook at High Pressure for 55 minutes.
8. When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
9. Allow cake to cool in pan.