When Passion + Purpose meets Service.
I had the opportunity to lead a discussion with high school seniors about food this week. What we are teaching our kids matters. Food choices are arguably the most important factor for our health. Food choices are at the root of most illness, disease, and ailments we experience. I blew these kids' minds this week.
What we talked about:
- How marketers trick us into believing that packaged food is healthy by only paying attention to the front of the box.
- How to read ingredient labels. If you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't be eating it. Except quinoa. We should eat quinoa.
- What Natural Raspberry Flavoring actually is (it's pretty gross) and why you should avoid all artificial flavors, sweeteners, and dyes.
- Why eating cereal for breakfast is not serving us.
- How skipping meals is detrimental to your health.
- The difference between organic and conventional.
- What foods and beverages are acidic and why that matters.
- What are healthier meal and snack options.
One student texted his mom about a fact I shared: our body gets more calcium from broccoli than milk. She was shocked! Most people are not getting this type of education, and it's so important.
If I can add value to your group or organization with this discussion, let me know!
Thank you, Kristie, for caring enough about your students to have me come in and facilitate this life-changing discussion!
I love helping families make the shift to a plant-based diet. Awareness is everything. What we don't know could be harming us. Ignorance is not bliss. Food is either the best form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. If you aren't already part of the Live Your Best Life VIP FB page, join us and you'll have access to more articles and videos to help you on your journey.
If you don't know where to start to make the shift to a plant-based diet, there is an easy button. It's a journey, and every journey starts with one step.